Thursday, October 15, 2009

A little fun

(As related by a member of our ward Primary Presidency)
At a recent Primary activity, Little Man was in a group with other members of his Primary class. Several of the girls had taken bathroom breaks throughout the activity. Toward the end of the activity, LM started dancing a little, and a member of the Primary Presidency asked if he needed to go to the bathroom. LM responded, “Yeah, cause men have to go pee too, ya know.” Who teaches him these things anyway?
.............................................

It was snack time, and I asked LM if he was hungry.
“Hungry,” he replied. I gave him a few options of snacks he could have.
“Hungry,” he repeated, a little more forcefully.
I listed a few more options of things he could eat.
“Hungry!” he said.
“Well, I’ve told you what you could have. What do you want?”
“No, ‘hungry’ means ‘popsicle’ in Spanish.”
We have a little linguist on our hands.
...............................................

Girlfriend’s speech has improved a lot over the last little while, but I still can’t understand most of what she says. So we’ve made a guessing game out of it. She will say something and I try to guess what she is saying. I say something and she’ll say, “No,” “No,” “No,” until finally when I make the right guess and she’ll shout, “Yeah!”
...............................................

Even though we can’t understand her worth a darn, Girlfriend has already mastered the two important questions of “Why?” and “What’s that?” Now our conversations with her go mostly like this:
“No, no, Girlfriend, don’t do that.”
“Why?”
“Cause that will hurt the TV.”
“Why?”
“Cause writing on the TV gives the TV an owie.”
“Why?”
“Cause…we only write on paper.”
“Why?”
“Cause…that’s where we write. We don’t write on TVs.”
“Why?”
“Because I said so. That’s why.”
“Why?”
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Cute little kiddos - I especially love how he figured out how to say popsicle in Spanish

Gunnell Fam said...

Hilarious. Those gave me a good chuckle. :)

Jen J. said...

That is so funny!

Brittany said...

Thanks for sharing! They are so cute!!

Shauna said...

Too funny!