This pregnancy was actually a surprise, which was surprising since I wasn't surprised with the first two. I can pretty much tell the minute I'm pregnant. Well this time, there were all sorts of things going on with my health. I had all the symptoms of pregnancy but wasn't, then I had that visit to the ER, then a couple weeks later I went to the instacare cause I couldn't breath (they thought I might have asthma), then I was experiencing all sorts of pain and irregular bleeding....Well after a couple months of this, I decided it was time to make an appointment with my doctor. I show up there, and the nurse has me take a test cause I'm a couple days late (but still totally within normal range for me) and then she comes back in within 5 minutes and says, "Congratulations! You're pregnant!" Huh. The doctor comes in and is worried that the bleeding and pain may indicate an etopic pregnancy, so she calls up my OB and schedules an appointment for me for the next day. B and I go to the OB the next day and after an ultrasound we discover that the cause of all my health issues is not a tubal pregnancy, but a cyst on my ovary. Oh, and that there really was a baby in there, too (and in the place it should be). :) My OB wasn't too worried about the cyst--it was only about 3cm (6cm and above is when surgery becomes necessary). She said that it wasn't hurting the pregnancy and that it may actually be helping to sustain it. They usually resolve themselves before the second trimester. So, there you go. I also found out from the bloodwork done at that appointment that I am already low in iron. Fantastic. I had the same problem with the first two, but it didn't come on until midway through the pregnancy. That's when I knew that it was going to be a very long 9 months. And the last three weeks have been an eternity. Nauseous all day long, so tired by 2:00pm that my body hurts which adds to the nausea, muscles so tight and painful by the end of the day that I'm in bed by 9:00 most nights. Ugh. Three is a good number, right? :) Actually, other than the fatigue, I've been feeling pretty good the past 3 days. I'm hoping that means the nausea is passing! My fingers are crossed!
So my little grape has grown into a kumquat. I have no idea how big a kumquat is. I only know this cause of babycenter.com, my source for everything baby. I am 10 weeks along, and am due April 6th. April 6th is a significant day for me: it was the day I was due, some thirty plus years ago. Cool, huh? Of course I'm not planning on waiting until April for this baby to come. I think March sounds much better. hehe. Besides, April 1st-April 6th are already claimed with other family birthdays--and I'm NOT waiting until the 7th!
Here's a picture of our little one. We are thinking about naming him Noah Joseph so that when we call his name in Spanish we can say Noe Jose (No way, jose). The kids have decided that Dora will be a good name if it's a girl.
9 comments:
Wow! That is quite the surprise! I love the little picture you have of the baby. I'm sorry that you've been so super sick. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Love ya!
Congratulations!!! That is SO exciting! April is a great month to have a baby! Love the name Noah Joseph - we might have to use that one on our next too! ;)
So fun! I also love baby center. Glad all is well. When I went in for my surgery today they had me take a pregnancy test. I was worried it would be positive. I could not imagine. Try taking Ginger altoids. That's the only thing that helped me. I think you can only buy them on amazon. Welcome Noah or Dora! :)
So, are you serious about the name thing? What if we already chose Noah? JK ;) Hope you really are feeling better. I know i'm across the valley, but call if you need me.
Congrats again! What an odd summer for you healthwise. At least you are getting a little angel out of all of this! I hope your strength returns soon. We are happy for you!
Britt
Yay! I love the "1st photo"! Liam and No-way-Jose will be in the same grade in school! We will most definately have play dates!
I'm glad I brought your baby books back to you. Hahaha
Cute little peanut you have there! I hope you get feeling better soon.
CONGRATS!!! If you need someone to talk to you know I can sympathize with you sickness. I am elated for you guys. Number 3 is good but I can't decide if I like 4.
I'm a little late reading this, but congrats are still due! I hope all goes well and you get feeling better soon.
Post a Comment