Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just like that

Today as I was getting Girlfriend ready for church, I thought, "Hey, I bet her hair is long enough for a ponytail. I'll try that today." And so I did... And it was... And she looked cute... What I just want to know is, why didn't anyone tell me that ponytails magically transform babies into little girls. That wasn't supposed to happen! I'm not ready for her to grow up yet!


kisses for dad



Luckily, it only lasted for about 18 minutes before it started falling out. Whew! I won't be trying that again for a while :) In spite of my desire to keep her a baby (or at least keep her like she is right now--I LOVE this age), she is growing up. And I do love watching her learn new things. As of two weeks ago, she basically verbalized two things: uh-oh and hmmmm (she prefers to communicate through sign language). Since then her vocabulary has quadrupled. Check it out! (I especially love how she says her brother's name!)



10 comments:

JBod said...

It says your video is private and won't let me watch.

Shauna said...

Wow! That did make her look more grown up! She is soooo cute!

jilliebean said...

okay, i changed it so you should be able to watch the video now. thanks!

Brittany said...

I love the video. She is growing up. What a cutie! We miss you guys!

Gunnell Fam said...

Yeah! She's saying lots of words. She did look like a little girl in that pony tail. Our kids are growing so fast. :)

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

She is getting so big! I love the pony tail, Kev thinks he can see you in her now. See you guys soon.

Brittany Marie said...

I noticed that! I thought "How long were we out of town?" LOL

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Very cute! Don't you hate when you notice they are getting big? I love it when they first are learning to talk.

Jayleen said...

Cute...I Love this age. When I cut Morgan's bangs for the 1st time a few weeks ago it instantly turned her into a little girl and not a baby anymore.