Okay, you brave souls who said you'd be up to a no sugar challenge--tomorrow is the day! The challenge runs from June 1-June 30. You are welcome to adjust the challenge however you'd like, but these are the rules that I am going to follow:
1. Eat nothing that has greater than 8g of sugar per serving (only eating half a serving isn't allowed either :). Keep total amount of sugar below 40g per day. (I don't count things like milk & fresh fruit--you can if you would like.)
2. I am allowing myself 2 treat 'allowances'--if Jayleen has another amazing dessert at book club like she had last time, I'm trying it! And my VT companion and I are planning on taking our ladies out for ice cream this month as well, so if that works out, I am going to allow myself a 'time out' on that occasion. Since I've already fulfilled the 100 days of no sugar, I feel like taking a couple of breaks this time isn't a big deal. If you are going to have this rule, I suggest preplanning those 'events' so they are specific times that you know will be happening. No "I feel like sugar today, so I'm taking a time out" kind of moment.
3. I am also adding an exercise component to my challenge. I know I can do the no sugar thing, so now I am going to see if I have enough will power to exercise consistently. So my new challenge is to exercise 5 days a week for the month of June.
Do you have your charts ready? Have you weighed yourself recently so you know the difference at the end of the month?
Get ready....get set.....GO!!!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ok, so I'm planning on starting tomorrow too. I've been mentally preparing myself all weekend. I've got my excercise routine down, now I need to work on my eating and I think this "no sugar" challenge will jump start me to better healthier eating habits! Since I'm doing this...I probably won't have a sugary treat at bookclub...it'll be too much temptation for me! I'll have to think of something else.
I'm jumping on board too! I'm a little behind, so I'll need to make a chart.
What a great challenge! Count me in :)
I wonder what I'll do on our cruise... LOL
Post a Comment