Sunday, March 21, 2010

How I survived 4 weeks of 'couch rest'

First of all, I would never have survived if these hadn't been on:
I watched more Olympic Events than I ever have before. In fact, I don't even remember watching the Winter Olympics four years ago. I think we were moving into our house at the time?... Who knows; just glad they were on this year!!


Second life saver: BOOKS! I read A LOT. It was so weird to have dishes piled high in the sink, the carpet covered by toys, the laundry overflowing and there I was reading--and only feeling a little guilty. It's been a long time since I've been able to put life on hold and let myself read so much! Here are a few of my favorites that I would totally recommend!:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
Daughters of God by M. Russell Ballard
Before the Dawn by Dean Hughes
Tending Roses & anything by Lisa Wingate (one of my new favorites!)



And I never would have made it without a whole bunch of these:

Thank you, thank you to all you beautiful angels that called, emailed, facebooked, brought dinner, spent the day at my house to distract me and keep me company, etc. etc. etc. May multiple blessings be dumped upon you and yours!!! :) Love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

I'm glad you made it. Thanks for the suggested reads. I think I will try the one by Elder Ballard.