Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wahoo!

Wahoo! I made it! Two weeks ago, I was told to limit myself to one thing a day until I reached 36 weeks cause I was having too many contractions. I just had to laugh. Which one thing was I going to choose?


This thing....
Or this thing?


It's amazing how kid's pick up on things. I have never had more grumpy, whiny, high-maintainance kids than I've had these past two weeks. I have seriously been ready to sell them more than once (a day)! Unfortunately, just reaching 36 weeks is not going to solve the problem--not with a new baby coming. Who's idea was it to have a third one anyway?


Here are just a few of the things my beautiful children have been up to these past two weeks:



New coloring obsession: Paper is not good enough! Let's try the walls, the carpet, the newly recovered piano bench, and ourselves! We alone could keep the Magic Eraser people in business.

And why stop with markers? Let's see what happens when I get into Mommy's makeup! So pretty!


Girlfriend has developed a streak of independence. Her favorite new phrase: "Myself!!!" or "I do it!" This includes dressing herself...

And "don't even dare think you could hide that chocolate from me!" My least favorite sound from the last two weeks was the sound of a chair being dragged across the kitchen. The bar stools are now downstairs and the chairs have been tied to the table. At least she is wearing a helmet :)
And "if I can't get up on the kitchen counters, I'll go somewhere else." Girlfriend's newest hobby: emptying out all the drawers and shelves in the toy room, climbing to the highest point, then sitting there yelling, "Help! Help! Help you me!" until I could get myself off the couch and go in and rescue her.

Oh, and did I mention that I am currently sporting a nice bloody, fat lip from when she head butted me last night in her nightly attempt to avoid bedtime? Good thing she's so darn cute.

Well, it's pretty clear that overall, this was the 'one thing' that won: No wonder the 'other thing' was so grumpy the whole time; poor kid!

10 comments:

ChicChat said...

I'm sure as (NOT) funny as this was at the time, they are going to make memories to laugh about. Please let me know if I can help you Fri. or next week.

Gunnell Fam said...

I laughed through your whole post! That little girl is so funny. Hope Diego is mellow, huh!? See you Friday. :)

Vicki said...

Wow! I love how you were able to document it at least.
Those #2 children sure do know how to make us work at calling ourselves moms.
Hope #3 is a charmer.

Jen J. said...

Ha Ha! So funny! I'm glad you're two weeks are up! Love ya!

Kami said...

Oh Jill, I couldn't help but laugh either. That girl has attitude, haha! Hope the house is back to normal and that you are feeling better! Love you.

Jeff and Brittney said...

You'll be thankful you documented this!! So funny! You will laugh even harder in the future as you remember this transition. :) Best wishes in these final weeks of pregnancy! I am excited for you! Things will work out - they always do! Hang in there! You have cute, cute kiddos!

Britt

Lauriann and David said...

How exciting - you are almost there!! Congrats on making it this far - we are looking forward to seeing pictures of number three!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Well, all I can say is "thanks for the laugh." I think your kids need to come play at our house. I have 9 right now, so what are two more!! If you need help, let me know. The bright side? Everyone I've talked to say their 3rd is their best baby ever!! Mine was.

PS You're so patient to take pictures. I would have yelled, cleaned while I was yelling some more, and then cried!!

Clark Family said...

I feel your pain!!!! Oh I know what bed rest is like and it stinks. I hope that you get relief soon.
Miss ya!!

Meridee said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog, Jill. A good sense of humor can get one through almost anything. Is your daughter holding a box of orange stix -- one of my favorites! I, too, watched the Olympics during my recovery this year...way too many skiers! Good luck and hope all goes well with the new baby.

Love, Meridee