


After receiving a couple of handmade gifts from my mom this Christmas (pictures to come), and realizing how much that handmade touch meant to me, I decided that from now on I would give at least one handmade gift to my kids each Christmas. I totally wimped out this year as far as my kids went, but I did manage to fit in an attempt for my niece. This is the small I-Spy quilt I put together. The squares were 4"x4" and at 24"x16" it was the hardest sewing project I've put together in a long time! No, seriously. I couldn't get anything to work right. The seams wouldn't match up, I cut the backing too small and had to sew two pieces together, and my sewing machine kept coming unthreaded. This little quilt took me ALL DAY LONG. I had to settle with it being a gift made with love rather than a gift made with skill. Oh well. She seemed to like it. Of course, she's only one, so that helps. :)

My second attempt at a handmade gift was for B.'s sister and family (luckily we had all our family parties and gift exchanges after Christmas or all this handmade stuff never would have happened!) I made some counting cookies that I saw on Counting Coconuts . Of course, I forgot to take pictures before gifting them. This picture is of the originals. They were easy and fun and I'll have to make some for my kids soon. I can't miss out on the felt food craze! :)

3 comments:
So cute! I love shanty to chic they have so many cute ideas. You are so crafty these days we need to get together for a craft day. It is always so much more fun to do it with friends. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I love the frame idea! I never have framed pictures around because I never change and update the pics. What a clever idea-it would be so easy to update them then slide them back into my photo book! (CUTE picture of LS by the way)
Cute stuff Jillie bean!! Hey another good way to use pics is on an old cabinet door. Paint and glue. They turn out way cute and you can always get old doors at the DI. I have other sources of course but I see them there a lot too.
Post a Comment