Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas recipe holder

Here's a quick and easy Christmas gift idea that I did with the Cub Scouts last year as a gift for their moms. All you need to make this recipe card holder is: a small terra-cota pot, a thin dowel, a small clothes pin, a star, ribbon, paint, and glue gun. I can't remember the exact cost (it was a year ago--honestly I can't even remember things from an hour ago lately. Darn prego brain.) but I think it was around $1.00-1.50 per boy. To make the recipe card holder, I cut the dowel into smaller sections and hot-glued one end into the hole in the bottom of the pot.
Once that dried, I attached the clothes pin to the other end of the dowel with hot glue. I did all this before our Cub Scout meeting. At the meeting, the boys painted the pot, dowel and clothes pin green. Then they painted the star yellow and 'decorated' the tree with different colors.
Once the paint dried, we hot-glued the star to the clothes pin and tied a ribbon where the dowel and pot met. I gave them a recipe for 'Christmas Cookies' to stick in their clothes pin.
It was an easy, inexpensive and cute gift for their moms!

1 comment:

Candy said...

I still use mine that Noah made almost every day.