Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).Oh yeah, and it's a BOY! :)
P.S. Please see this post to understand the significance of Noah Joseph (scroll to the very bottom). While I really like the name Noah, it has now become too much of a joke between B and I and will most likely only be used while this child is in the womb, unless paired with something other than Joseph. ;) Thank you.
10 comments:
Did you already decide on a name?
Congrats on another boy! I love the name Noah,is that the one you chose?
Britt
CONGRATS!!! That is great! I am so excitd for you. That is a cute name too.
Oh! I get it! I knew I had seen that name somewhere on your blog before ;)
It looks like most people comment before reading to the end of the post...congrats again!
Congrats I'm excited for you :)!
How did I miss that post about Noah Joseph before!?
Too funny.
Congratulations :)
Congratulations! Boys are fun! Glad you're feeling better. i din't realize you felt so horrible with this pregnancy.
Yeah for you! I have to say...I love my boys! Congrates! Please let me know if you need anything.
I'm so happy it's a boy!
Post a Comment