Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Sunday of Celebrations

Last Sunday was a day full of celebrations for our family. The first was the opportunity to participate in the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We weren't able to attend the Draper temple dedication because of babysitter issues (we ended up babysitting 18 other kids as well :) so I really wanted to make it to this dedication. I told B. that I didn't care what time we went, as long as we got tickets. So when he came home with tickets to attend the dedication at the temple, I didn't complain. Our tickets were just 'general seating' tickets. We were seated on the third floor in the largest sealing room, and watched the dedication on large screen TVs that were set up at the front of the room. There were about 120-150 other people in the room with us. The coolest part was during the Hosannah Shout and singing "The Spirit of God". An additional army of voices floated in from the open doors to join with those of the 150 in our room and even though they just came from the people in other rooms on that floor, it almost seemed like we were joined by a "heavenly chorus". It was pretty cool.


The second celebration we had was for this guy:
who turned 4 on Sunday. I'm pretty sure he was opening presents all day long :) We opted to keep it low key since it was Sunday, so we just had family over for an 'open house' type party for a couple hours. Little Man would open a present, play with it a while, come back for another, open and play with that one for a little while. Though my in-laws were a little uneasy about the whole set up ( :) ), I LOVED it! I felt like he really got to enjoy all of his presents and it was laid back and relaxed for everyone--even me!!! Here are a few too many pictures of the event:
Veggie Tales: a recent discovery by Little Man. He especially likes this one.

Legos from his Grandpa & Grandma B. By far the favorite of the day. He played with these all day Monday, Tuesday, and today as well.

New Thomas clothes and backpack from Grandpa & Grandma B. This kid loves Thomas! (or any train of any shape and size, really.)

Blowing out the candles on his Lego birthday cakes.

A train whistle from Aunt J & Uncle D. (He's been 'pracsing')

Shorts from Aunt T. (Next time she's just going to bring him tissue paper.)

Sodor Airport from Grandpa & Grandma J. Another big favorite of the day.

Tool set from Uncle L & Aunt B and family.

A cool new shirt from Aunt K & Uncle G and family.

Eating cake (for breakfast Monday morning. I've never claimed to be a great mom--just a good one.)

Playing with his new Lego set--a firetruck and firehouse.


Thanks to everyone for coming and celebrating with our Little Man! We sure are glad to have him!!!

5 comments:

ChicChat said...

My goodness that kid got a lot of gifts. He must be very loved. Can you believe he is already 4? Time flies.

Clark Family said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I love b-day celebrations. Especially for my kids. Happy B-day Buddy!

Brittany Marie said...

I can't believe he's 4! I remember seeing you carry his tiny self around with a binkie in his mouth.

I didn't know you guys were in a sealing room for the dedication! We were in the Terestrial Room!

Rachel said...

Hey, my LM has the SAME tool set! Unfortunately he's spent so much time banging on it that a few pieces have broken. :( I hope your little guy enjoys just as much, but without the broken pieces.

And hello, you were AT the temple for the dedication?? I'm so green with envy. How incredible indeed.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Lucky kid! I want cake for breakfast. I think the BESt mos would serve that! Cute pics!