
Like many of you, I use my blog as a journal of sorts, so this post is 'one of those':
Scenerio 1: Little Man is quietly reading books on the couch. Daddy is gone, Girlfriend is napping, and Mommy is working on the computer:
Little Man looks up at Mommy and repeats something he has heard Daddy ask, "Mommy, do you need anything?" Mommy is touched, and thinking what a big boy she has, replies, "No, thank you, I'm fine." LM wrinkles his brow and looking a little confused asks, "What is anything, anyways?"
Scenario 2: It is the Friday after Thanksgiving. The Christmas tree is up and the decorations that we are getting out this year are in place. Mommy is upstairs, Girlfriend is napping (again), Daddy is in the kitchen. Little Man is going through the boxes of leftover Christmas decorations. He discovers two ceramic penguins:
LM unwraps the first penguin and exclaims, "Hey, a penguin! Sweeeeet! I never had one of these before!"
Scenario 3: Daddy is at work. Mommy and GF are upstairs in Mommy and Daddy's room. To understand this next story you need to know a little about Love & Logic. It is a parenting strategy that encourages kids to make choices. So we'll say, "Do you want to have two bites or three bites?" and the kid gets to choose. Sometimes LM doesn't choose one of the options. For example, "Do you want to get pajamas on first or brush your teeth first?" And he says, "I want to read a book first." When this happens, you are supposed to say, "That is not a choice," then repeat the original choices. Apparently, we have trained him well:
Little Man calls up from downstairs, "Mom, where are you? Are you in my room or [Girlfriend's] room?" Mommy calls back, "I'm in Mommy & Daddy's room." Without a pause, Little Man yells back, "That's not a choice. Are you in my room or [Girlfriend's] room?"
5 comments:
Too cute! What a funny Little Man!
Hahah. Little Man is just bursting with personality! I love it, I wish I could see him more! And Girlfriend, too of course!
That is such a funny story! What a cutie!
Hahahaha! That is so cute!
Btw, I LOVE my christmas cards! My mom loves them too!
Oh, your kids are so adorable! Thanks for sharing.
BTW, I love your new haircut! I hope you are liking it, too :)
Post a Comment