Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nothing Better to Do

It's 4:45am and I had nothing better to do right now, so I decided I might as well post. Ha ha. Tonight has been one of those "Remind me why I wanted to be a mother" kind of nights. I've had a grand total of one hour sleep. I've had that much because that is how much GF has had. And unfortunately when she is awake at night no one is allowed to touch her except for me (Okay, this rule applies to lots of other situations besides just night time--what can I say? She loves me.) Around 4:00am DH tried to take her and let me rest, but it only took about 5 minutes for GF to start gagging because she was so upset. Like I could sleep through that anyway. She's had a fever all day--I guess it was all day yesterday. She has been crying non-stop since 2:30am. Until now that is. She is currently playing quite contentedly on the floor. Weird. Oh, oops. Spoke to soon. Time to go--I'm being paged. I love my job.

3 comments:

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

I remember those nights. I'm sorry. Does she get ear infections? I know my kids could never sleep when they had an ear infection.

Anonymous said...

oh no! i hope she gets to feeling better soon so you can get some rest and enjoy your 'mommie job' again :)

Brittany said...

I hope Kali gets better soon so that you can get your rest. Oh, all the things for me to look forward to :)