Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So far this month...

Our new computer is here, and I am so happy with it!!! It now takes about two seconds to open my Photoshop program instead of 2-3 minutes. I love, love, love how fast it is! But I now have no excuses for not blogging, so here is a quick update of our month so far:


ANOTHER TRIP TO THE ER: I was really excited when we finally paid off the last of the medical bills that came with LM's MRI, EKG, EEG, & ENT at the end of July. I should have know it wouldn't last long--and it didn't. It only took two days into August to visit the ER again. This time it was me. We were at our nephew's birthday party when suddenly I felt a sharp pain in the left side of my chest. The pain radiated out over my left shoulder and into my left arm, until my arm became numb. I broke out into a cold sweat and felt sick to my stomach. While I didn't think I might be having a heart attack, it was just too unusual to ignore, so we headed to the ER. To make a long story short, all the testing came back negative for a heart attack. The conclusion: Probably a virus. Can you believe that? The doctor thought I might have a virus that was causing the sack around my heart to swell, causing me to have heart-attack-like symptoms. The pain was gone the next morning, but I did feel like I was recovering from the flu. I was weak, tired, and achy. After a couple of days, I felt better, and haven't had any pain since. Unfortunately, we still have to pay for all those lovely tests that came back negative (sigh). Oh and by the way, they gave me morphine in the ER, and I only said 4! (If you don't get that, you need to watch Brian Regan)


OUR 'STAY-CATION': A staycation is what happens when you go on vacation without the vacating part. We decided to have our family vacation at home this year. It was awesome! Not only did we get to have lots of fun, and see and do lots of cool stuff, but we also saved money on gas and we got to sleep in our own beds (a definite plus for my children!).


On Day 1 of our 'Stay-cation' we went bowling, to a train museum, to a park, and to the library.


This was LM's first time bowling. He liked bowling with his feet, something I'm going to have to try next time, since he outscored me by 5 points.




The Train Museum: a little boys dream spot!

At the park




Day 2: This day we spent time at Liberty Park, Wheeler Farm, and Red Robin (our favorite restaurant). We also watched a movie together at home.

Liberty Park--LM loved watching his purple ball float from the 'mountains' down to the 'Great Salt Lake' and GF didn't mind sticking her feet in the water either.

Wheeler farm

We had a busy two days and it took us all weekend to recover, but it was great and we enjoyed our time together as a family!

4 comments:

JBod said...

There is actually a word in the vernacular for taking a vacation but not going anywhere. They call it a "staycation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staycation

Macey's started releasing their adds on Wednesdays here a few weeks ago. Did they do that there, too?

Gunnell Fam said...

Sounds like you had a great 'staycation'. Looking forward to celebration Spencer's big 3 birthday!

Jayleen said...

I love that idea of a vacation, so much cheaper too! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Jen said...

Love your idea of "cation". We'll have to give it a try sometime :)