uldn't stay home. I thought I could probably make it through the day (with the help of the two Thomas movies checked out from the library to keep LM happy, and the help of formula and a bottle to keep GF happy), but then LM started throwing up too. That's when I called DH and told him he better work something out so he could come home and save me. Luckily he has a pretty good employer when it comes to putting family first. So while I was hanging out by the toilet, I tried to think of some positives about the situation. (One of the Happiness Habits in "Happy For No Reason" is to 'Look for the Lesson and the Gift' in all situations--even bad ones.) Here is what I came up with:1. It is the only time that I am able to feel little-to-no responsibility for my children.
The weight of motherhood is pretty heavy sometimes, and being sick is the only time I feel no responsibility for the upkeep and caretaking of my children. Let someone else look after them--I'm busy.
2. Prevents "Baby Hunger" from biting.
I hate throwing up. Since throwing up seems to be my MO throughout my pregnancies, having the flu is a great reminder when 'Baby Hunger' starts to bite. I think we're going to wait...for a long time!
3. See #1 and #2.
Hey, thinking of two positive things was a stretch. You really didn't think I'd make it all the way to three, did you?
1 comment:
I had a flu bug that lasted for a few days about a month ago. While I was sick, I couldn't help but think of our cousin, Eric, and other cancer patients that have to deal with nausea, fatigue, and other symptoms as they undergo chemo. I felt thankful that my sickness was short term and would pass.
Post a Comment