Monday, May 19, 2008

What 'W' Says...

For his first birthday, LM's cousins gave him a set of those foam letters for the bathtub. He loves them, and we 'spell' words with them every time he takes a bath. They have helped him learn all the letter names, and we are now working on the letter sounds. Last night he was sticking them up on the tiled wall of the tub, and saying their names. After he said the name, I would ask him what that letter 'said'. If he didn't know, I would tell him, then he would repeat it. It was going well until we got to W. I asked him what it said, then made a 'wah' sound. Instead of repeating it back, he looked at me skeptically and said, "No! That's not what it says. W says X, Y, Z!"


Pictures taken October 2006: I think it is ironic that the two letters stuck to him in the bottom picture are N & O. 'No' is definitely one of his favorite words!

No comments: