Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day Out with Thomas

Thomas the Tank Engine came to Heber Valley Railroad this weekend, so of course we had to go and visit. We didn't tell Little Man where we were going. We just said we were going to go for a drive. As we pulled up to the train 'station', we parked far enough away that Thomas wasn't visible. LM was so excited just seeing the trains. His face was so cute when he got his first glimpse of Thomas. It was a mixture of shock, excitement, and happiness. We were about 45 minutes early, so we spent some time exploring some of the fun 'stations' they had before our ride.
They gave us a map, and we had to travel to each 'destination' to receive a prize. Our first stop was Sir Topham Hatt. As you can see LM was thrilled to get a picture with him-- Imagination Station was the next stop. LM enjoyed the puzzles and playing with the Thomas train sets there a lot more than the first stop. In fact, he didn't want to leave until we told him that it was time to ride on Thomas!

We boarded about 10 minutes before departure time and got to enjoy listening to all the Thomas movie tunes while we waited. "Boo boo, choo choo!"



Here is our happy little guy enjoying a Thomas train ride down the amazingly scenic Heber Valley Railroad track. Lots of sagebrush, cows & fields---and a 'crossing' or two, or course!


I love this face! This is my favorite picture of the day!

The Jr. Engineer
"He's the one! He's the number one! He's Thomas the Tank Engine!"


It was a fun day! Seeing your kid so happy is definitely the greatest part about being a mom (parent). Love ya, Little Man!

5 comments:

Meridee said...

We have always wanted to see Thomas - maybe next year. Looks like everyone had a super good time.

Jill said...

Spencer...How cool! We are so happy you got to see "Big Thomas", as Ethan calls him. I'm sure you had the time of your life. I'm so jealous you were in Heber, I bet it is so beautiful and green. I love Heber.
See you guys soon!
Love, Aunt Jill

Clark Family said...

That is so cool. I know that when we did that a couple years ago our kids loved it too. Miss ya.

Vicki said...

Looks like such a fun time. I love all the cute expressions you captured too.

Jen J. said...

It looks like LM had so much fun! I love the cute pictures!